Friday, July 15, 2011

What Are Words?

Indeed.  "What are words if you really don't mean them when you say them?"  These are the beginning words of the chorus of Chris Medina's song, "What Are Words."  Even though I don't follow American Idol, this story really touched me when I heard about it and I wanted to share, for those who aren't into the AI scene.  This song was specially written for Chris because after his fiance got in a car accident, resulting in traumatic brain injury, he decided to marry her and stay with her.  His devotion and heart are evident in this beautiful ballad.  It makes me think of how precious our marriage relationships are, how we commit to each other for ever and ever, through the good times and the harder times.  Forever and Ever, No Matter What.

Anywhere you are I am near.
Anywhere you go, I’ll be there.
Anytime you whisper my name, you’ll see
How every single promise I’ll keep
Cuz, what kind of guy would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most?

What are words
If you really don’t mean them when you say them?
What are words
If they’re only for good times then that’s all?
When it’s love, yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, they never go away;
They live on, even when we’re gone.

And I know an angel was sent just for me.
And I know I’m meant to be where I am.
And I’m gonna be
Standing right beside her tonight.
And I’m gonna be by her side;
I would never leave when she needs me most.

What are words
If you really don’t mean them when you say them?
What are words If they’re only for good times then that’s all?
When it’s love, yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, they never go away;
They live on, even when we’re gone.

Anywhere you are I am near.
Anywhere you go, I’ll be there.
And I’m gonna be here forever more.
Every single promise I’ll keep
Cuz, what kind of guy would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most?

I’m forever keeping my angel close.

No comments:

Post a Comment