Saturday, June 4, 2011

When Queens Ride By

There are times when you feel your work is worthless, the hope you have for the future is lost, and that it all doesn't really matter in the long run of reaching your goals.  There have been a few things that I've come across in the last few days that have bolstered my resolve to keep being the best woman I can.

One of these was the little pamphlet of a talk by Sheri Dew called "Are We Not All Mothers?"  It was about five dollars at Deseret Book and Josh got it for me for Mother's Day.  There is no one other than women, God's own daughters, who can do the work of mothering, whether or not we have children in our homes.  He has given us power and entrusted His children to our care.  And if He has that kind of confidence in me, then ONWARD!

Another was the June Ensign that came this week.  I read of the importance of the gospel as told by some valiant members of the Church who have not as yet married.  Their courage and unfailing faith in the promises encouraged me to see my many many blessings and talents and look forward with faith to the responsibilities I have.

The last I just finished reading.  It is a blog post a friend sent via email.  I can very much relate to that woman on the dusty farm, doing her best, but in need of a redirection as to the real value of her mission.  When she was awakened, I could see parallels to my own life and how I can work "womanly magic" on my own home to make it a place where we love to be, where the spirit can live, and where all the roles in a family can be played with success.  It's a wonderful story:  http://lilleysofthefield.blogspot.com/2007/04/when-queens-ride-by.html .

In our own divinely appointed and beautiful ways, we can make happen what we feel is impossible ... we don't all have to do it all.  Just our best and it will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment