Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Did you get the Memo?

So far in my life, I've been happy to allow the blogging world to pass me by. I've gotten many hints from many many people to start a blog! "Oh, just throw it up on your blog! What? You don't have one?" I guess I missed the memo that all married people have now the responsibility to begin a blog for their families.

Why did I wait till now, you may ask? I guess I just couldn't come up with a suitable name. No, really, a good friend recently convinced me that I could use a blog as a photo-journal slash scrapbook without even touching the scrapbook paper ... and I was interested. She said you can have your blog posts printed, including all your photos, into a book at "Blog2Print.sharedbook.com." After this novel idea started working on me, and after the brilliant plan had been encouraged by more friends, I decided that now was the time to jump into the world of blogging.

Then the all-important task of that "suitable" name. I wanted to use the "Mc" part of our name (a nice perk to marrying into this great family) and tried coming up with ones we both liked that meant a "record"... like "monograph" or when you take "minutes" in a meeting. I was hoping for a little alliteration and something short and sweet and snappy. Then we found a great little word: memo. Josh pointed out that McMemo did sound a little like ncmo, but we'
ll pretend we didn't hear that. ;)

I particularly like it because it means that I don't have to write something incredibly important enough to be deemed a monograph, nor do I have to feel like the secretary taking minutes of our proceedings. These posts can stay as simple as a memo. Just a little note here or there, a little update in keeping up with the McKinney's world. So, whether what may be written be super or dullish, we'd just like to make sure you got the memo.

3 comments:

  1. Cute Jenn! I'll watch for more memos! Here's our blog if you'd like to follow:

    http://clawsonlife.blogspot.com/

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Welcome to the blog world. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn I miss you friend! So glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch!

    jaredandjennaprice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete